Every year marketers research on the new trends predicted to make marketing initiatives more powerful: new technologies and advancements; changing consumer attitudes and demands, and innovation impact the efficacy of email marketing. The efforts by no means worth it, because Email marketing has proven to be one of the most effective ways to reach out to people, get noticed, and make people take desired actions.
Here’s a number of 2019 trends from SmartSender marketing experts, that will make your Email Marketing Strategy more powerful:
- Automation. One of the best ways to improve conversion rates and enhance the engagement between your brand and your customers. With automation, you can easily send out a series of emails, in the right sequence, and right on time. You can start with:
- Creating automation workflows to automatically message users via Email or SMS notifications with real-time behavioral triggers.
- Creating drip campaigns to send a series of emails at specified intervals of time (days, hours, minutes) apart from each other.
- Personalization. It is always trendy to send out relevant information, that will get your emails the desired attention. All you need to do is to:
- Segment your contacts and add tags
- Use purchase and browsing history to create customized emails.
- Visualization. The main purpose of visual marketing is to use images that will relate to your message and resonate with your business, making people take an action. Start building stories with images by:
- Collecting real images from day-to-day activities and during your events
- Asking your users to share images
- Improving your design and photography skills.
- Interaction. The interactive emails are here to crush the perception of traditional emails, take your subscriber’s interest to the next level and enhance engagement. Start experimenting with:
- Social and Email Marketing Integration. Use your emails to divert people to your social platforms, and vice versa. Marrying these two different verticals may give you an edge on both. For this you will need to:
- Divert social media followers to sign up for your emails/newsletter
- Include clickable social media buttons in your emails
- Share social snippets in the emails and vice versa
- Give updates and teasers on social about your emails