Manual, mind-numbing tasks in the corporate environment not only waste precious time but also cut productivity and creative energy into bits.
That’s why businesses, in today’s fast-paced world, rely more on email automation to streamline their communication processes. As a result, workers improve their productivity and free up time to focus on more crucial activities. In fact, according to Zapier’s report, 92% of knowledge workers agree that automation has improved their lives in the workplace.
So, let’s explore the top 5 must-have workflow automation examples for eCommerce, which is downloadable for free from Smartsender.io’s Marketplace.
Benefits of Workflow Automation
The backbone of every company’s success is customer satisfaction. With the rise of marketing automation platforms and the availability of workflow automation, it can be done effortlessly.
Workflow automation examples apply to various industries, including marketing, healthcare, finances, etc. Email Monday reports that 56% of businesses already use marketing automation software which is growing immensely.
This is because there are numerous advantages of its use, but the common ones are as follows:
- Saves time: Automation can eliminate the need for manual data entry, such as sending individual confirmation messages or other repetitive tasks. With workflow automation, you can complete these tasks quickly and efficiently, allowing employees to focus on more strategic tasks that require their expertise.
- Reduces errors: Workflow automation lessens the risk of human error and performs the set tasks consistently and accurately. In turn, it improves the quality of work and reduces the need for rework.
- Improves efficiency: You can set up an automation workflow to streamline processes and eliminate bottlenecks. For instance, when you set up a workflow to automatically ask for feedback requests, you significantly reduce the time it takes to complete this activity. This way, businesses save loads of cash, increase productivity and improve customer satisfaction.
These are only a few of the countless benefits automation workflows address. Once you single out an all-in-one marketing automation platform, start planning the workflow ideas your business needs.
We came up with five essential workflow automation examples that eCommerce companies use every now and then. So let’s jump into it!
1. Welcome Message Automation
The welcome message is the first impression to break the ice and create a sense of familiarity with your brand. A well-crafted welcome message automation creates a positive and engaging experience for newcomers. Welcome workflow is triggered when a new customer signs up for your page, newsletter, etc.
The purpose of the welcome message is:
- To reassure newcomers that the value and features of your product meet their demands
- Welcome new customers to your community, making them feel a part of the big family
- Offer incentives to get them hooked on your products/services right away.
*Download Welcome message automation and numerous other workflows from our Marketplace for free
2. Abandoned Cart Email Automation
Did you know that, according to Baymard Institute, over 70% of shoppers abandon their carts before purchasing?
Think about it. If your monthly income is $10,000, you lose roughly $85,000 in annual sales revenue. That’s a lot of cash slipping away. Therefore, you need abandoned cart emails to secure more revenue and increase conversion.
The best-abandoned cart emails are:
- Timed perfectly: Select a wait time filter on your workflow, say an hour after the customer leaves the website, and send the reminder. If your email hasn’t been opened, you can always target your buyers via multiple channels. With Smartsender, not only can you send email reminders but also target abandoned shoppers on channels such as Web or mobile push, telegram, and SMS.
- Including incentives: To lure customers to return back on your website, offer bonuses, rewards, discounts, etc.
*Find Abandoned Cart Email Automation on our Marketplace and download it for free.
3. Loyalty Program Emails
Every business strives to get as many loyal customers as possible. And every marketer knows that gaining new customers costs 26x more than retaining existing ones. That’s why a well-structured loyalty program is necessary to keep your customers engaged.
Let’s look at our ready-made workflow targeted to loyal customers:
- First, a buyer is added to the segment activating a post-purchase offer template
- A filter is added to wait seven days and verify whether the segment clicks on the first template.
- In case not, a second template will be in action to remind about their special offer
- Then, if the segment hasn’t opened both templates after three days, a web push notification will be sent.
*This loyalty program workflow is available on Marketplace for free
4. Incentives Based on Previous Purchases
Post-purchase emails are not just thank-you notes to your new or existing buyers. Well-thought-out post-purchase messages secure more sales, increase customer engagement and boost conversion rates.
You can apply post-purchase emails to upsell or cross-sell your products or services. SaaS businesses, for example, can launch a post-purchase workflow to convert standard users into higher plans. See how our predetermined workflow works:
- A segment is created after the basic plan subscription, activating the post-purchase thank-you template
- In case the contact doesn’t open it, a second template will be activated, asking about their journey with the service
- Next, you can set up a wait time and send another template pointing to the benefits of upselling points (this case, pro plan subscription)
- As soon as the customer shows interest, you can offer an incentive, such as a free trial for the pro plan subscription, to encourage immediate action.
You constantly stimulate action using automation workflows at different touchpoints in the customer life cycle.
5. Cross-sell, Upsell Automation
Cross-selling refers to recommending complementary or relevant products after purchase. Upsell is when you encourage customers to purchase higher-priced products than they initially intended to purchase.
You can employ these techniques in different scenarios, such as:
- Post-purchase confirmation
- After subscription renewal
- Reorder reminders
- Abandoned cart emails, etc.
Before selecting an automation workflow platform, it is crucial to look for an all-in-one marketing automation platform that offers advanced functionalities.
Choosing an all-in-one Automation Platform
All-in-one automation software ensures communication via multiple channels, increasing the chance of getting eventually noticed.
In terms of workflow automation, look for an all-in-one automation software that offers the following:
- Visual workflow builder with variations of template editing: (with Smartsender.io, you can choose template editor including Drag and Drop, your own HTML, Rich Text Editor, or Stripo integration)
- Shared access to the account based on roles: On Smartsender’s platform, you can add your teammates, choose the role for each user, and assign their accessibility. This allows real-time collaboration with team members, tracking the progress of different campaigns.
- Dynamic email template: Dynamic content changes based on user signals such as behavior, preferences, and interests.
- Detailed Report: A powerful platform should analyze and give an in-depth report about each campaign (including a comparative report). On top of that, under the performance, it must include details such as delivery, engagement, retention rates, and ROI.
- Flexible pricing: It is crucial that the platform offers flexible pricing to match every business’s needs. That’s why we adopted reasonable pricing plans for different business sizes. And not to mention our FOREVER FREE PLAN, which allows evaluating the platform’s effectiveness without spending a single dime. Sign up today!
To wrap up
It is essential for businesses to use automation workflow to free up time, reduce errors and increase efficiency.
To create it, you must use an all-in-one automation platform offering numerous advanced functionalities. When you have it, you can create or download these ready-made automation workflow examples and thousands of other triggered scenarios from our Marketplace.