I have a message for all the non-technical folks, who most likely start to suffocate under the influx of offers on digital marketing tools and services for their small business:
- Magical marketing algorithms that will explode your sales and bring you six figures in ROI,
- Stunning Facebook ads that will boost your business online,
- Super-powerful marketing platforms with complex analytical tools,
- Universal marketing strategies that will work for any type of business
- All you need is to sign up and let the magic work…
THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT! And I’m telling you this, being in this business for over 12 years.
Do not spend a single dime on digital marketing unless you know for sure what you are expecting from it!
If you are a small or medium business owner, trying to stay afloat during this global crisis, the first thing you are about to rush in is digital marketing and growing your business online. No doubt, there are many powerful digital marketing software and tools, which can significantly increase your ROI and boost your online sales. However you should think twice before jumping into this wiggly swamp unless you have at least the slightest idea of what you are doing.
- Before putting your energy and creativity into the next ad, ask Facebook, for example, why it charges you for showing your ad to a 10 000 irrelevant audience somewhere in a third world country. The answer will be this: you didn’t specify your audience location, you didn’t set budget limitations, you agreed to pay for the impressions not for the conversions.
- Before sending your next promotional email campaign to your entire contact list, ask Gmail why it cut your graphical banner, replaced your branding font with a regular one, and placed half of your emails in the Spam folder. The answer will be something like this: your email banner was too heavy for the inbox, your font wouldn’t be recognized by most of the browsers, and many of your subscribers complained about receiving irrelevant content, because you didn’t segment your contacts properly before sending personalized messages.
These are all some minor underwater rocks you’re most likely unaware of, so please, please don’t spend your money on digital marketing without knowing what you are doing.
But I have some great news for you: as CMO at Smartsender I decided to allocate a number of our talented marketing experts to provide FREE consultation to small businesses and entrepreneurs in making smart decisions during the period of digital transition of their business. The information and advisory we’re offering are priceless. We will help you to:
- Develop a marketing automation strategy for your business
- Identify your best lead generation channels
- Identify the tools for optimizing your marketing and customer retention automation
- Lower down your marketing costs
- Automate your front desk, customer communication and other parts of your business, which require social distancing and less in-person communication
- Identify the most effective and affordable online customer retention automation tools and services, which can be life-savers during the emergency situation
- And much more.