SmartSender is a marketing automation platform that helps you fully automate your email marketing efforts to avoid repeating tasks and focus on more important aspects of your business. We call our feature for automatic sending of series of messages based on various triggers “Scenarios”. To learn more about scenario start triggers, terms & definitions, statuses and other details, please, visit this page.
In this article, you’ll learn the basics of adding a new scenarios in SmartSender.
Things to Know before you can create a scenario in SmartSender:
- You’ll need a domain. To learn more about setting up your domain, read Getting Started With Domains.
- You’ll need a contact list. To learn more about list creation, read Getting Started With Lists.
- You’ll need an email template. To learn more about templates creation, read Getting Started With Templates.
To start your scenario
- Navigate to Scenarios page
- Pick a project
If you have more than one project within SmartSender, you are able to keep your scenarios separately regarding a domain. To reach scenarios of the certain domain just choose your domain in drop down menu.
- Click “Add new scenario”
- Set up Scenario settings
- Title – Name of your scenario. We will automatically tag your campaigns with this name in reports.
- Email list – Pick a contact list to the whom current scenario will be sent.
- Segments – Choose a target user segment from your contact list, if you have any. Or leave “All”, if you want to send this scenario to the whole list.
- Trigger type – Choose a scenario launch method. We have two types of methods:
- Now – The scenario will start sending immediately to the chosen list and any contact added to this list.
- Manual – The scenario will be saved in draft. You can start sending whenever you want in the future starting the scenario on the Scenarios page
- Add templates and select delay period you want
Every template in a sequence has the following settings:
- Send email – select delay period
- Now – Only the first email in the scenario has such option. It means that the scenario will start as soon as a contact is added to the current scenario or scenario is started.
- After – Decide delay period after the previous email. Pick from:
- Days after previous email with specific exact time
- Template – You should choose template for each email in your sequence.
- Reply To – This field we fill in with default From Email from the selected contact list, which will be also used as a Reply-to address. You can change it to custom email address within the selected domain.
- From name – This field we fill in with default From Name from the selected contact list. You can change it to custom one
- Click “Save”
You are ready to go.
To see the report of any campaign you just need to click the button “Report”. The report shows the performance of your scenario and its key metrics.