SmartSender.io is a marketing automation platform that helps you send batch newsletters and promo emails to your audience. We call these messages “Email Campaigns” so in this article we will explain how to create the ones according to your business needs.
Things to know before you start:
- We recommend giving your Campaigns easy and clear names to avoid further difficulties with finding one.
- The list of available channels is displayed according to your Tariff plan.
- The Default Contact List is selected by default while the Campaign creating.
- If you set up to send a Campaign to a specific segment and immediately specify it again in the list of excluded segments, the Campaign status changes to “Failed” and it will not be sent.
- You cannot stop the Campaign which is already started and has a “Running” status.
- The “Advanced settings” section contains the sending details of the selected Contact List.
- Scheduled and Recurring launch types allow you to set the start of the Campaign according to the recipient’s time zone.
- The Campaign with the “Done” status cannot be edited.
- After copying any Campaign, it is saved in the “Draft” status.
- You cannot add more than 3 Tags to the Campaign.
- We strongly recommend that you schedule your Campaign to be sent 24 hours from now at the minimum. If you don’t do so, then there is a chance that some users in the audience might not receive your Campaign. This can happen when the local time in those regions has already passed the scheduled delivery time.
- Navigate to the Campaigns Management page (Menu->Outbound->Campaigns).
- Press the “Create” button.
- Type in the title of the Campaign.
- Select the Contact List to target.
- Select the Segment. This is an optional choice, the Campaign is sent only to those contacts that fall under the segment rule.
- Exclude segments from sending. This is an optional selection, using this filter you can exclude contacts from sending the Campaign.
- Select the Email channel from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Email Template to use during the Campaign.
- The preview feature on the right side of the page will show you how the Template will be displayed in the mailbox of the random contact from the selected Contact List.
- The following information is also displayed:
- From – the “From name” and “From email’ data are displayed. Your client will receive the email from the provided address and name.
- Reply to – the name and email address for which your client can apply for the reply.
- Subject – the subject of the email (is the same as the subject of the chosen Template but if the subject in the Template is not set – the subject becomes the same as the name of the
- Open the “Advanced settings” to check or change sending details.
List details Description Default from name Your clients will receive emails from this Sender. Can be the name of your company. Default from email Your clients will receive emails from this email address. Reply-To Email
Address where replies of your customers will go. From-Email will be used by default. Reply-To Name
To-Name your customers will see when they reply to your Email messages. From-Name will be used by default.
- You also can manage tags but it is optional. Add or delete the tags for the Campaign. Tags will help you in Analytics reports organizing.
- Press the “Next step” button.
- Select the Campaign Launch type.
Type Description Manual You will need to launch the Campaign by yourself from the Campaigns management page. Such a Campaign is created with the “Ready” status and waits until the start button is pressed. Now That Campaign is sent immediately after clicking on the “Launch Campaign” button. It is created with the “Running” status because the sending process has already started. Scheduled The delayed Campaign that will set off on the specified day and time. It is created in the “Waiting” status because waits for the specified time/day. That launch type allows you to set the start of the Campaign according to the recipient’s time zone. Recurring The type of Campaign launching that contains broader settings. Created in the “Waiting” status, because waits for the specified date\day\time. The status
becomes “Running” when the previously set day and the time arrived, that is, the Campaign is just in the process of being sent. Then the status becomes “Done” in case all of the conditions are met but if the Campaign still must be sent – it will have a “Waiting” status again. That launch type allows you to set the start of the Campaign according to the recipient’s time zone.
Campaign start Specify a date and time to launch the Campaign and for its recurring. NOTE The set time for the Campaign start will be the same as the Campaign repeat time. Repeat Daily Set how often you want to run this Campaign again. For example, every second day or every fifteenth day after the first launch. Weekly Set how often you want to run this Campaign again. For example, every third week or every twentieth week after the first launch. IMPORTANT Specify the day/days of the week on which the Campaign must be started again. Monthly First day of month Choose this option if the Campaign must be resent on the first day of the specified month. Last day of month Choose this option if the Campaign must be resent on the last day of the specified month. Specific days Specify the date/dates of the month on which the Campaign must be started again. NOTE If you select 29, 30, or/and 31-s in the specific month where these dates are missing, the Campaign delivery will be skipped. Campaign end Never The Campaign never ends and repeats according to the parameters set earlier. Select date The Campaign repeats till the set date comes. IMPORTANT The date setting is required. After a certain number of occurrences The Campaign repeats a certain number of occurrences and stops regardless of previous settings.
- The table on the right side of the page will show you all the detailed information about your Campaign which you can check before launching.
General information about the first step settings. Channel The channel type of the Campaign. Campaign name The Campaign’s title. Template The name of the Template. You can be redirected to the Email Template editing page by clicking on its name. From name Your client will receive the email from the provided name. From email Your client will receive the email from the provided email address. Reply to name The name for which your client can apply for the reply. Reply to email The email address for which your client can apply for the reply. Subject line The subject of the email (is the same as the subject of the chosen Template but if the subject in the Template is not set – the subject becomes the same as the name of the Template). NOTE Displaying in the Email Campaigns only. Tags The list of Tags of the Campaign. Audience data Contact list The name of the selected Contact List. Send to segments Selected Segments for the Campaign targeting. Exclude segments Using this filter, you can exclude contacts from sending a Campaign. Target contacts count The number of contacts the Campaign will be sent to. Press the “round arrow” button next to the number of targeted contacts in case you want to recalculate its quantity one more time. Time frames Time zone The Time zone of your account as a sender. Or the Time zone of the recipients if it was chosen by pressing the check mark in settings. Launch time The Campaign launch details are displayed: the start date and time, launch type, repeat frequency, and the end date.
- Manage Campaigns. See how to do this in our article.