Setting up your Contact List is critical to getting started with SmartSender.io.
Whether starting from scratch or bringing an existing audience into SmartSender.io, your list is where you’ll store and manage all your contact data.
Things to know before you start:
- SmartSender.io was intended to be used with a single list, so you shouldn’t require to create more than one.
- If you absolutely need to maintain separate lists, you can repeat this process to create them. Lists are independent of one another, so contact and list data will be siloed on a per-list basis.
- On our platform, the number of contacts doesn’t affect Monthly Plan as we do not charge for contacts. However, another thing is that it will increase the sending volume, which can influence the total invoice amount.
IMPORTANTIf you’re using SmartSender’s bulk email service, make sure you’re familiar with our anti-spam practices and list of requirements before you begin this process.
Create Contact List
- Select the Contact List domain from the drop-down menu (in the lower-left corner) if there are several domains in the account.
- Navigate to the Contact List Management page (Menu -> Audience -> Lists).
- Click the “Create” button.
- Type in Contact List default data to be used in messages.
- Set “Advanced Settings” of the Contact List in case of need.
- Click the “Create list” button.
Contact List settings
|Name of your list. We recommend you give a simple and meaningful name.
|Your contacts will receive emails from this address.
From Email will be used by default.
|Your contacts will receive emails from this Sender.
From Name will be used by default.
|The email address that the reply message is sent to. It should be specified if you want the reply to go to an email address that is different than the default From Email.
|The Name your contacts will see when they reply to your Email. It is optional. Fill in the line if you want a different name than in From Name. Otherwise, From Name will be used by default.
|SMS From Name
|The default name of From Name for your SMS. It is required in SMS Campaigns and Automations, etc. SMS From Name can differ from From Name.
|Text that will be in the footer of each email for this list.
|The official name of your company, including incorporation type. Also needed for the footer information.
|Country name where your office or company is registered.
|The state or province name where your office or company is registered.
|City name where your office or company is registered.
|A postal code where your office or company is registered. (Also, in various countries, known as CAP, CEP, Eircode, NPA, PIN, PLZ, Postal index, PSČ)
|Address line 1
|The physical address of your company for direct mailing.
If you need an additional line, go to the Address line 2 field.
|Address line 2
|The physical address of your company for direct mailing. Use this line in case the space in the field above is insufficient.
After you create your Contact List, you’ll be able to import subscribers or start collecting new contacts.
INFO There are a lot of available ways to add contacts to the Contact List:
- add the contact manually or with an import file
- add the contact via Rest API
- add the contact via JS API
- or import from other services by using our integrations from our App Store.
To learn about how to manage the Contact List, get acquainted with our article.