A critical step to getting started with SmartSender.io is setting up your Contact List. Whether you’re starting from scratch, or bringing an existing audience into SmartSender.io, your list is where you’ll store and manage all your contact data.
Things to know before you start:
- SmartSender was intended to be used with a single list, so you shouldn’t need to create more than one.
- If you absolutely need to maintain separate lists, you can repeat this process to create them. Lists are independent of one another, so contact and list data will be siloed on a per-list basis. Contacts that appear on multiple lists will also count multiple times in your overall subscriber count, which could increase your Monthly Plan.
IMPORTANTIf you’re using SmartSender’s bulk email service, make sure you’re familiar with our anti-spam practices and list requirements before you begin this process.
Create Contact List
- Select the Contact List domain from the drop-down menu (in the lower-left corner) if there are several domains in the account
- Navigate to Contact List Management page (Menu -> Contacts -> Lists)
- Click the “Add List” button
- Type in Contact List default settings to be used in messages
- Set “Advanced Settings” of the Contact List in case of need
- Click the “Save” button
Email List default data
|Title||Name of your list.|
|Default From-Email||Your clients will receive emails from this address.|
|Default From-Name||Your clients will receive emails from this Sender.|
||Address where replies of your customers will go. From-Email will be used by default.|
||To-Name your customers will see when they reply to your Email messages. From-Name will be used by
|SMS From-Name||Default name of From-Name for your SMS. Will be used in SMS Campaigns and Automations, etc.|
|Text that will be in the footer of each email for this list.|
|Company||The official name of your company including incorporation type. Also needed for the footer information.|
|Address line 1||The physical address of your company for direct mailing|
|Address line 2||Use this if filed above is not enough|
|City||Where your office or company is registered|
|Zip code||Where your office or company is registered|
|Country||Where your office or company is registered|
|State||Where your office or company is registered|
|Mapped variables||Variables from Email List to be included in Email Log export|
After you create your Email List, you’ll be able to import subscribers or start collecting new contacts.
INFO There are a lot of available ways to add contacts to the Contact List:
Or you can just create your own contact list and import it.
You can either show or hide all the variables for the contact list.
IMPORTANT If you want to use Retention Report based on customer acquisition sources, you should add the contact with its source.