Let’s chat with Telegram Bot — Sending messages, photos, and files.
Things to know before you start:
- If you delete the bot settings, all subscriptions will be lost.
- Telegram chatbot subscribers are users, who followed a link to your bot and clicked “Start” or subscribed using website widget.
- The result of the subscription can be seen on the page in the list of contacts in the column with the telegram.
Follow the step-by-step instruction to create your first chatbot for Telegram messenger or connect an existing one to Smart Sender for further configuration.
How to Create a New Bot for Telegram
First thing first, let’s make a bot in Telegram. Bot father is a Telegram app’s bot that could help you in making one.
- Open Telegram messenger, sign in to your account or create a new one.
- Enter @Botfather in the search tab and choose this bot.
Important: Note, official Telegram bots have a blue checkmark beside their name.
- Give the start command to BotFather by typing /start.
- You’ll see a list of commands that help you create, edit, and manage your bots. Since it’s your first time, you’ll want /newbot.
- After giving the /newbot command, you get to pick a name and username for your bot. The name is what your users will see the bot as in their contacts list, and the username is how they’ll find it. It has to be unique, and it’s best if it’s short and memorable.
- With that done, you’ll be given your bot’s token to access. The token to access is how Telegram knows the code you write is associated with this particular bot. Every bot has its own token.
- To connect a bot to SmartSender.io you need a token. Copy your token value and find more information about connecting your bot to SmartSender.io in the last section of this article.
Connect your Telegram Bot to Smart Sender
- Navigate to Telegram page (Menu -> Integrations).
- Select the “Telegram” section.
- Click the “Create bot” button.
- Enter an access token that you have obtained previously.
- Select the domain name in the drop-down menu.
- Select the Contact List.
- Go to bot settings.
- You can choose telegram messages settings in the next step if you want.
- Click the “Save” button.