The following instructions will show you how to remove a contact from the specific Contact List.
Things to know before you start:
- For large files, it will take some time to get imported and the Contact List updated, You can watch the loading process on your screen. Please wait till the end of the file validation and then you may leave the page. We will take care of your contacts from that point.
- Import contacts from a .CSV or .XLS file.
- Download one of the file samples: .CSV sample or .XLS sample, and replace the sample headers with your own data.
- At least one of the three identifiers (
phoneNumber) is required for contact removal.
- Import is limited to 25 MB.
- Contacts will be deleted without the possibility of recovery so we urge you to be as careful as possible.
How to prepare the import file for deleting
Download one of the file samples: .CSV sample or .XLS sample, and replace the sample emails and other variable values with your own data.
|Import file header||Description and format requirements.|
|The email address of the contact. You must include an email address column in your import file and only one email for each contact.
|phoneNumber||Contact phone number.
|userId||The contact identity number from the customer’s platform, which enables manipulation of contacts based on it.|
Import file with contacts you want to remove from specific Contact List
- Select the Contact List domain from the drop-down menu (in the lower-left corner) if there are several domains in the account.
- Navigate to the Contact List Management page (Menu -> Audience -> Lists).
- Select a Contact List.
- Click the “Add Contacts” icon.
- Select the “Import from file” section.
- The “Add or update contacts” option is selected by default.
- Select the “Delete contacts” option.
WARNINGThe process of contacts deleting is irreversible.
- Upload a file with contacts you want to be deleted from the Contact List:
- Drag and drop the file.
- Click to import a file.
- Press the “Continue” button.
- Make sure the name at least of one of the contact identifiers is matching the variable name in SmartSender.io
- You can change the variable name in this step.
- Press the “Delete contacts” button to move to the next step.
- File check results will be displayed in the pop-up before deletion.
- If your file contains errors – the system will inform you about it. You can download a file with the errors or press the “Skip and continue” button – then, values of the variables with errors will not be imported for further deletion, but these which are valid – will pass the import and be deleted from the Contact List.
- Press the “View contacts” button to check the rest of the contacts and the result of the deleting process.
Delete contacts manually
You can sort the list of contacts and delete them manually.
Mark the checkbox next to the contact to open the additional action bar for him.
You may select all contacts in the contact list, the contacts on the current page, or choose the respective contacts you want to delete.
- Delete – the contact will be deleted from this Contact List without the recovery option by pressing this button.
You may delete the contact on the Profiles page.
You can access the contact’s profile in two ways:
- From the Contact List
- From the Profile section
In the last option, you must use the search form, specifying one of the unique identifiers (
phoneNumber). Open the menu under the vertical dots and choose the delete option.
Remove Contact via API
To remove a contact from Contact List you need to send POST Request with your Access Token in headers to the specific URL.
- Remove Contact API Method.