Your Contact List is designed to help you collect and manage all of your contacts in one place, whether they’re subscribed or unsubscribed.
People on your Contact List are known as contacts. Each contact has one email address, one phone number and user id which are organized based on how they interact with your marketing. However, you need to further organize your contact list.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process:
- A subscribed contact, or a subscriber, is someone who has opted in to receive your email marketing. Subscribers can be imported directly to your list, or they can be added via API. They’ll have a Subscribed badge in the contact column of your Contact List.
- You can add as many custom variables to each contact as you need, without any limitations.
- Once you’ve organized your customer data, you can start using SmartSenders’s personalization and automation tools to make campaigns feel like a 1-to-1 conversation—sending the right message at the right moment, and always making the right product recommendations.
- With all your contact data in one place, it’s easy to use SmartSender’s segmentation tools to find exactly who you need to communicate with.
- Navigate to Email List Management page (Menu -> Contacts -> Lists).
- Select Email List
- Add variable, Activate/Deactivate contacts, Subscribe/Unsubscribe to channels, Export Email List, Add New contacts, Update contact data
Important! To change the default contact list, contact technical support.
|Data||Description and format requirements.|
|name||The optional display name to use for the recipient.|
|The new email address of the recipient. You must include an email address column in your import file, and only one email for each contact. Review this column for anything that might cause syntax errors, like missing information, unsupported characters, and extra spaces before or after an address.|
|active||Used to specify if user is subscribed or unsubscribed from list. Use value “1” to subscribe user and value “0” to unsubscribe.|
|emailSubscribe||Used to specify if user is subscribed or unsubscribed to the Email Channel. Use value “1” to subscribe user and value “0” to unsubscribe.|
|smsSubscribe||Used to specify if user is subscribed or unsubscribed to the SMS Channel. Use value “1” to subscribe user and value “0” to unsubscribe.|
|desktopWebPushSubscribe||Used to specify if user is subscribed or unsubscribed to the desktop Web Push Channel. Use value “1” to subscribe user and value “0” to unsubscribe.|
|mobileWebPushSubscribe||Used to specify if user is subscribed or unsubscribed to the mobile Web Push Channel. Use value “1” to subscribe user and value “0” to unsubscribe.|
|source||Determines how a customer got into the database.|
|CAC (Customer acquisition cost)||The total cost of acquiring a new customer. It should generally include things like: advertising costs, the salary of your marketers, the costs of your salespeople, etc., divided by the number of customers acquired.|
|userlId||The user id from customer’s platform to be able manipulate lists based on it. Used as an alliance for email address.|
|phoneNumber||Addressee phone number. Should be valid E.164 phone number.|
|createdAt||This variable is reserved by system to store the date when contact was first added to Email List.|
|customStringVariable||For Variable use only Latin in lowerCamelCase format, no numbers or other symbols allowed. For value no specific format required|
|customDateVariable||For Variable use only Latin in lowerCamelCase format, no numbers or other symbols allowed. For value the ISO Standard year-month-date format (YYYY-MM-DD) is required.|