Create an auto-updating segment based on specific criteria. Give us the conditions, save the segment, and we’ll update it anytime you’re ready to send.
Segmentation makes it easy to send people content they care about. Subscribers can be included in specific segments based on various behavioral triggers, and you can use these segments to send automatic email scenarios or promo campaigns when you’re ready to send.
Segments are based on user data you provide to SmartSender via API, add manually, or by file import. In addition to data provided by the customer, SmartSender collects behavioral user data which also can be used for segmentation.
You can segment your contact list according to your subscribers’ geographic, demographic data, age, gender, behavior, actions taken on your website, etc., using numerous available variables or using your own ones.
IMPORTANT Please, take into account that in templates there are variable mapping requirements.
Create new segment
- Navigate to Segment Management page (Menu -> Contacts -> Segments)
- Click the “Add Segment” button
Step 1: Configure your segment.
- Type in the name of the Segment in the Title field
- Select from the drop-down menu if you want all the rules to be matched or only one
- Select Contact List to be segmented
Step 2: Add filters
- Configure segmentation rules using available options from the drop-down menu.
- Contact fields
- When you create a segment, you choose an “operator,” which is usually the second choice and is something like “equal” or “is not equal.”
- Different conditions display different operators for different types of variables. See the Operator Glossary for more details.
Step 3: Save the auditory segment.
- Click the “Save” button
There’s a range of options you can use to segment your Contact List. Send a targeted message to subscribers interested in the specific product type. Email only your most engaged subscribers about special offers. You can even alert subscribers who have purchased items from your store about new products or updates.