Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- We only track activity for users registered in your website, after js script is called.
- We do not track anonymous or unregistered user activity.
- To update an existing user’s variables, just send the js script call again. You must include their identificator and any new attribute values.
- If the variables already exist in their profile, we’ll overwrite them.
- If there are any new variables included in the call, we’ll add them to the profile.
- We do not edit user’s identification method if contact already add to contact list.
- Navigate to Installation page (Menu -> Settings -> Integration).
- Click “+Add new website” button
- Select the domain name in the header drop-down menu
- Select a “contact list”
- Select options and permission from checkboxes
- Click the “Save” button
- In the tab that opens, copy the code and paste it on the desired page into the <body> of your HTML.
- You can place the same code on several pages – then all the subscribers will be collected in a common list. IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that at least one unique user identification is required so SmartSender could match the user with the one hosted in Contact List. Use placeholder to pass the identificator through
- Download the installation file. IMPORTANT: Upload it to the top-level directory of your site.
- Or you can email all the settings to your Developer.
| WARNING Minimum one unique user identificator (userId| email | phoneNumber ) is
|userId||Contact’s unique user ID from your platform to enable management of the contact in the list based on it.|
|Contact’s email address.|
|phoneNumber||IMPORTANT: should be valid E.164 phone number.|
|The optional display name to use for the recipient|
|Contact’s unique source ID from SmartSender platform|
||CAC value in ‘ENUM_STRING’ format correspondingly, dot separator|
||Use only currency EUR, USD
|An array of contact variables and their values.
Variable name in lowerCamelCase format
|Variable value in ‘ENUM_STRING’ or format correspondingly|
|Variable value in or ‘ENUM_DATE’ format correspondingly|
After inserting the code on your site, go to Installation page and click on the Check link status button:
- If the status “Site is not connected” is displayed, it is necessary to check the applied settings once again.
- If the status “Your site is connected” is displayed, you will be able to collect the database of new contact and subscribers for Web Push notifications.
Important: Web Push notifications is enable to Pro Plan
Can be installed using Google Tag Manager, but it threatens to lose traffic as almost all content filters block Google Tag Manager.