When it comes to email marketing automation, some businesses stray away from it because they’re hesitant to make adjustments to their current process, or they aren’t sure of the benefits.
However, Automated emails, triggered by customer actions, such as a purchase or download, can not only save the marketer the trouble of sending individual emails manually, but also can escort customers to the next step in their engagement:
- Updating a customer about the availability or price of a product in their wish list
- Reducing cart abandonment with reminders and/or persuasive offers
- Reminding customers about the upcoming subscription renewals for products and services
- Alerting customers about event/activity changes
- Onboarding new customers with multi-step triggers
If you still doubt if an automated email marketing system is worth the time and money, consider these five data-backed reasons to implement SmartSender’s marketing automation tools with over 1 thousand real time trigger scenarios.
- Increased Open & Click Through Rates
According to SmartSender Analytics, automated emails produce 70% higher open rates and over 90% higher click-through rates than their non-triggered counterparts.
- Increased Conversion Rates
Businesses always wish to increase revenue, and according to Juniper Research, triggered emails delivered through automated campaigns drive 18 times more revenue than generic email blasts.
- Increased Customer Retention Rates
According to the Gartner Group, near 80% of your future profits will come from your existing customers. SmartSender Email Automation feature can help business do that, by improving their customers’ experience through follow-ups, personalization, prompt responsiveness and nurturing.
- Increased Selling, Upselling and Data Gathering Opportunities
Adestra reports that, the biggest benefit of automation, according to 58% of marketers, is the increased opportunities to sell, upsell or gather data. Behaviors before, during and after a purchase can all serve the purpose of selling or upselling.
- More Relevant Emails
If you want your customers to open your emails and not to unsubscribe from your email list, you should send them relevant and timely content, triggered by their actual behavior and preferences.