The most important communication you’ll ever send to your recipient is the Welcome Email. It’s more like the very first date, when you either win your chance to build true relationships or you fail.
A successful Welcome Email should the following three “musts”:
- Thank the subscribers for subscribing
- Offer them something exclusive with a call to action
- Make them wait for the next email.
SmartSender Email Marketing specialists have numerous examples of success Welcome Emails, and we have combined them into the following golden rules, which have been proven to be working.
- The tone of your Welcome Email should be congratulatory and inviting. Make your subscriber feel that his/her decision to subscribe was the right thing to do.
- A short and sweet email with a warm design may win you a long-term spot in the inbox.
- Make it easy to navigate and get right into your content. Limit your scroll to get to the point quickly and stick to one CTA when possible.
- Balance your image to text ratio, by making it visually appealing and consistent with your brand (themes, fonts, and tone resembling the website or product/service). This should considerably increase the loyalty and brand affinity.
- Images, on the other hand, aren’t always the answer! If your copy is strong, don’t distract from it with unnecessary images. A picture might be worth 1,000 words, but the right words can take the place of an unnecessary picture.
Lastly, try to have fun with your Welcome Emails! Keep testing new concepts to keep your subscribers engaged and interested.