Things to know before you start:
- We only track activity for users registered on your website after the JS Script is called.
- We do not track anonymous or unregistered user activity.
- To update an existing user’s variables, send the JS API call again. You must include their identification and any new attribute values.
- If the variables already exist in their profile, we’ll overwrite them.
- If there are any new variables included in the call, we’ll add them to the profile.
- We do not edit the user’s identification method if the contact is already added to the Contact List.
To install our JS API, you need to take the following steps:
- Generate and get JS code snippet.
- Download and extract Worker File from the archive and add it to the root directory of your website.
- Include JS code snippet on every page in your app, immediately before the closing </body> tag.
- Properly identify your user.
- Call JS API methods to manage your user data.
By default, the code contains 2 methods:
You can call JS API methods to manage your user data: