Every company needs to grow its business and there are dozens of various solutions to help on that path. It’s not enough just to pick the right tools, but also how to effectively use them.
No matter which type of business you have: B2C or B2B, you should keep your customers engaged from the first day. For example, you could tell about your special offers to your clients, introduce your business, inform them about news, and propose new products and solutions.
In this article, you will explore marketing automation best practices and learn how to apply them to your business.
Things to know before you start:
- Only the Default Contact List is selected for the imported workflows.
- Some tools are available only for those who use Pro Plan and higher, but all the workflows are free to download for all registered accounts.
- You can change the order of the workflow blocks, templates, variate time periods, and other settings in an already imported workflow.
- There is no limit on the number of blocks in the workflows.
IMPORTANT: You will need to update the values of new variables that are used in Workflow via importing in files, API, or one of our dozens of integrations.
IMPORTANT: If you choose the “WITH data” option, you will get all the templates, variables, and segments used in the chosen workflow on the second step of the import. All of the data will be imported to your account. You will be able to change everything to match your business needs: set the values for variables, insert other links in templates, change the templates all together, etc.
Find a list of ready-made Workflows
- Navigate to the “Workflows” page (Menu->Automation->Workflows).
- Press the “Marketplace” button.
- Filter workflows best suit your industry
- Blogger & Influencer
- Small Business
- Entertainment & Events
- Travel & Hospitality
- Real Estate
- Fitness & Nutrition
Import a workflow to your account
- Select the industry section you are working in.
- Press on the workflow you want to be imported.
- Press the “Import to my workflows” button.
- Select one of the ways of importing:
- WITH data (Workflow will be imported to your account together with used templates, variables, and segments)
- WITHOUT data (Workflow will be imported to your account without templates, variables, and segments)
- Workflow Name is filled automatically but you can change it after importing.
- Select the Contact List you want to link the imported workflow.
IMPORTANT: Please, pay attention to the domain name while choosing the Contact list.
- Select the checkbox if you want to allow customers to be added to this Workflow multiple times.
- If the checkbox is not selected, the contact will be added to this Workflow only one time, even if the trigger can be activated many times.
- If the contact is removed from the contact list and added again, it will be considered a new contact and can be added to the Workflow again upon a trigger.
- Press the ”Continue import” button.
- You will be redirected to the already imported workflow. There you can change the workflow to match your business needs. See details in our article.