HTML Code “Snippets” are small, reusable pieces of code that can be integrated into a larger codebase. You can use these code fragments in Templates.
The main difference from variables is that it is not a single word or link but a piece of HTML code or text that can be inserted into Templates.
Things to know before you start:
- The name of the Snipped cannot be longer than 50 characters.
- The Content section cannot be blank.
Create the snippet
- Navigate to the Snippets Management page (Menu->Content->Code Snippets).
- Click the “Create” button.
- Type in the name of the Snippet.
- Place the reusable code, then click the “Save” button.
- To edit the Snippet – click on the Snippet’s name.
IMPORTANTDo not forget to save your changes.
- You can delete the Snippet if necessary. Click the “Trash bin” button for the corresponding Snippet or select the check box next to the desired Code Snippet and press the “Delete” button.
- You can sort Code Snippets by Name.
- The preview function is also available. Press the thumbnail of the desired Snippet or find the preview during its creation on the right side of the page.
How to use the snippets in Templates?
- Navigate to the Email Templates Management page (Menu->Content->Email Templates).
- Add a new Template in Drag & drop editor.
- Choose the Custom HTML Snippet block by clicking or dragging the Snippet block to the Template.
- Go to edit content options and click the “Snippets” button.
- Pick the Snippet and click the “Insert” button.
- Press the “Save” button.